Welcome to East Meets West Yoga Center. We are located at 8227 Old Courthouse Road, Suite 310, Vienna, Virginia. Our yoga center is open to provide a safe, tranquil, and supportive environment to practice, allowing individuals to open to the possibilities of what could be.
There are plenty of opportunities to start your yoga practice or enhance your existing practice at East Meets West Yoga with yoga classes seven days a week, weekend workshops, and other special events. We are a community dedicated to grow together.
Is Yoga for You?
Yoga and Meditation can help you:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Tone and strengthen your body
- Increase energy, productivity and flexibility
- Enhance cardiovascular fitness
- Breathe properly and sleep better
- Reduce symptoms of menopause
- Build confidence and stamina
- Improve mental focus, gain clarity
- Relieve back pain, headache, and other pain
- Increase resistance to illness, injuries, and disease
- Be more calm, peaceful, and enjoy life to its fullest
What type of class is best for me?
If you have no prior yoga experience, begin your practice with Gentle Yoga, Beginner Hatha, or Vinyasa Basics. The postures, techniques and transitions are described in greater detail helping you to develop a strong and safe foundation for your practice.
Inform your teacher
Before class begins please inform the teacher of any injuries or conditions so they can provide appropriate variations or modifications.
What should I bring?
We supply mats and props for your yoga practice. All the props are found inside each studio space. We have water in all rooms.
What should I wear?
Wear something comfortable and not too loose fitting; clothes you can breathe and move in. Nothing binding at the waist.
Can I be late?
We kindly ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class and check in with the front desk. If you’re late we cannot guarantee you a space and please note there is NO admittance 10 minutes after a class has started.
Studio Etiquette & Guidelines
- No shoes allowed within the classroom space. Please place your shoes and other personal items in a cubbie in the lobby areas before entering the actual classroom.
- Arrive 10 minutes before class start time.
- Practice Satya ( “purity of speech”) as you enter the studio
- Please respect the space and other students by turning OFF cell phones and refraining from loud socializing while in the studio lobby and classroom spaces.
- No perfume or cologne please
- We recommend not eating or drinking before the class (ideally no food 2 hours prior to class)
- Classes are at least 1 hour and 15 minutes unless otherwise noted on the schedule. Please make arrangements to attend the entire class and avoid leaving early if possible. If you need to leave early please let the instructor know prior to class beginning and exit as quietly as possible. Placing your mat close to the door is recommended as well as giving yourself time to relax and rest before leaving.