This program is Yoga Alliance approved and fulfills the 85hr RPYT requirements. Upon completion of the program you can obtain your RPYT Certification from Yoga Alliance.
This Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is a therapeutic program so that you can safely and effectively teach yoga to pregnant and postpartum women. The program is comprised of four (4) weekend modules which cover; each trimester of pregnancy, preparing for birth and postpartum yoga. During this course you will not only learn about the various phases of pregnancy but also how to use yoga to assist the mother to be in preparing their mind, body and emotions for this new phase of life.
• Safe and therapeutic postures and sequences for each trimester and the postpartum period.
• Safe adjustment and assisting techniques.
• Practicum: Observation and teaching in prenatal yoga classes.
• Anatomy and Physiology of pregnancy per trimester and the postpartum period.
• Energetic anatomy and use of chakra meditation for the mother and the baby.
• Therapeutic tools for the mother to help her overcome common discomforts of pregnancy, preparing for birth and pain management during labor.
• Restorative Poses
• Pranayama Techniques
• Meditation Techniques
• Utilizing the teachings of the Yoga Sutras and Upanishads
• Common Homeopathic and Ayurvedic Methods
This program is Yoga Alliance approved and fulfills the 85hr RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) requirements. Upon completion of the program you can obtain your RPYT Certification from Yoga Alliance.
Desire to teach prenatal yoga and a RYT 200 certification.
Payment plan is available for tuition.
Please contact Dawn Curtis directly: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
A deposit in the amount of $350.00 will hold your place in this training. Please mail the deposit directly to East Meets West Yoga Center.
Your tuition covers ONE weekly prenatal yoga classes at East Meets West Yoga Center for observing and assisting credits. Additional class passes will be discounted to trainees at the rate of 10%.